Welcome to the trip and enjoy the show!
I have always enjoyed writing, educating, reading and learning. In fact, one of the reasons why I got into the fitness business was to educate and help as many people as I can. I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE, and I think I am pretty good at it because I love what I do, and I have a unique gift to be able to break down the difficult into manageable bites. Changing poeples lives is the best shit in the world.
I think I enjoy it so much because it makes me feel good, but also makes me feel like the shit...like,
"Hey, I did that to you and helped you be better."
And that makes me feel like a Wizard.
I opened up a gym called KDR (Knowledge Driven Results) Fitness to help me accomplish that goal. Blogging was something I did a little bit when I first got into the industry, but training people 50+ hours per week was not conducive to writing, so I stopped it with the intention of eventually going back to it.
Then I was diagnosed with Cancer in Feb of 2016, Bulky Classical Hodgkins Lymphoma. That caused my entire world to shift. My girl friend and I worked hard enough so that I am able to step away from the gym and focus on getting better, that also means I have the time to start blogging again!
So, welcome to my blog! Thank you for giving me this opportunity cancer, now fuck off and die.
I am a scientist at heart. I have a strong spiritual side, but, when it comes to giving out information, I only give information that I personally have witnessed (and can explain! Sometimes.), researched and used in my own life helping people and at my award winning gym KDR Fitness (voted best gym in the Upper Valley, top Ten Gym in NH and home to the best asses in the Upper Valley!)
My background, (if that's important to you, I have done some pretty bad ass shit in my life that I am proud of) so you know my "lens."
- B.S. Exercise Science - Bloomsburg University - 2000-2004.
- Brief stint at Culinary Arts via - the Culinary Institute of America.
- Currently pursuing a Masters of Science in Nutrition and Human Performance - Logan University.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach - NSCA.
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 - Precisoin Nutrition.
- Functional Movement Screen Level 1 and 2
- Best Selling Author - Results Fitness.
- Voted one of America's Premier Experts in weight loss and nutrition.
- Awarded Colonel's Medal for my work with the 3rd Army Ranger Battalion.
- Former Head Strength and Combatives Coach 75th Army Ranger Regiment and 3rd Army Ranger.
- Former Assistant Strength Coach various Navy SEAL Teams.
- Co-owner KDR Fitness in Lebanon NH.
I have worked with collegiate athletes (Columbus State University, Bucknell, Rutgers), elite special operations soldiers (75th Army Ranger Regiment, 3rd Ranger Battalion, various Navy SEAL Teams and Operators and Ranger Recon) and every day Joe's and Jane's!
If you want to contact me you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This long winded introduction was written so that you understand who I am, what I have accomplished, how I look at my world and ME. I don't give two shits if you believe me, but, I have put a substantial amount of time in, so at the least...listen and think.
Enjoy the read and the journey! - Ben Dearman, optimizing people and making the complex simple since 2004.
Subscribe to my blog and receive updates when new new material comes out!